Isabella Walton Childcare Centre Inc. is a non profit childcare centre, governed by a voluntary board of directors comprised of members of Westminster Presbyterian Church, the community and parents. The centre is licensed by the Ministry of Education (Early Years) and has a Purchase of Service Agreement with Toronto Children's Services.
We are conveniently located at the south east corner of Birchmount Road and Eglinton Avenue and are open Monday to Friday from 7:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. We are closed on all statutory holidays and on Easter Monday.
Our centre is licensed for 10 infants, 10 toddlers and 32 preschoolers.
Isabella Walton Childcare Centre is a custom built childcare facility and has been in operation since 1991. Anjali Dubey, the Executive Director has been with the organization since its inception as have many of our qualified staff. She also serves currently on the selection committee for the Prime Minister's Awards for Excellence in Teaching. All of our full time staff are fully trained RECE's and one of our educators was nominated and received the Prime Minister's Award for Excellence in Teaching in 2016
At Isabella Walton Childcare Centre we provide quality care for ten infants (3 months to 18 months), ten toddlers (18 months to 30 months) and two groups of preschool children (2.5 years to 3.8 years).
· We provide a culturally rich and diverse inclusive program that celebrates all children and families
· All of our full time staff are fully trained RECE's and most of our staff have been with the organization for a long time
· We provide a weekly music program with a qualified musician (Simone)
· We provide weekly story telling sessions with Adele
· Our program is used as a training facility for Centennial College, Seneca College and Ryerson University students enrolled in the Early Childhood Education program
· We provide children with two snacks and a hot nutritious lunch. Our multicultural menus include fresh fruit, vegetables and are approved by a dietician
· Food allergies, and restrictions are accommodated. Vegetarian and Halal food is provided upon parental request
· English, Tamil, Bengali,Burmese, Nepali and Hindi spoken by staff